About Virgina Beach
Virginia Beach has something to offer every visitor, whether you are passionate about history or just love to play on the beach. The city has a thriving tourism industry that welcomes millions of visitors each year. There are golf courses for every skill level, and the moderate climate allows golfers to enjoy this popular game at all times of the year. The beach is the focal point of activity in the city, and there is a thriving shopping and nightlife district just off the beachfront. There are two major naval bases in the area, as well as several industrial parks, a busy financial services industry and AAA minor league baseball and hockey that make Virginia Beach more than just a resort city.
The principal industry in Virginia Beach is tourism, and there are many hotels and restaurants in the area devoted to showing travelers world class hospitality. The city is a favorite resort destination for travelers from all over the world. Activities include almost all forms of water sport, as well as terrific fishing both offshore and inland. There are many entertainment venues as well, including live music and dancing, theater groups and an “A” level professional soccer team. Visitors can enjoy a great meal and then stroll the famous boardwalk, or take a romantic walk on the long stretches of sandy beach that line the coast.
Plaza 2700 is located just minutes away from the best of what Virginia Beach has to offer. There truly is something for everyone, you can enjoy a swim in the beautiful ocean or just relax on the gorgeous beaches. But the attractions don’t stop there, Plaza 2700 is only one block away from the always stunning boardwalk, there you can find great dining, amazing atmospheres, interesting events, and an always exciting night-life. The attractions in Virginia Beach are plentiful, to say the least, but rest assured that there is something for everyone. Here are some other attractions you may be interested in:
• Whether you love surfing, fishing, swimming, or biking, there are plenty of activities and venues to meet your needs. Check out the Virginia Beach Sunny Day Guide for a huge list of outdoor activities.
• How about visiting a 2,888 acre state park? At First Landing State Park you can bike, boat, swim, hike, or fish, definitely a must see!
• Let’s face it we all love water parks, be sure to visit Ocean Breeze Water Park for a day of fun in the sun. There are 16 different water slides at the park, a kids play area, and a huge wave pool.
Food and Shopping
• Do you love great dining and great shopping? Well when you stay with us at Plaza 2700 you can enjoy the best of both. Virginia Beach offers a diverse range of restaurants, surely enough to please even the most distinguished of palates. The shopping venues are everywhere too, just take a stroll down the boardwalk and you will certainly find a store that peaks your interest.
• If you enjoy sporting events, don’t miss the Norfolk Tides baseball team and the Norfolk Admirals hockey team in action. Both teams garner a great deal of public support and the games are very popular sporting events to attend.
• Don’t miss out on seeing Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center. Here you can see live animals, amazing shows, and so much more.
• The Virginia Zoo is another must see attraction. See some of the most amazing animals in the world up close and personal!
• Virginia Beach has a large military community, so be sure to visit the Old Coast Guard Station Museum. Here you can take great tours and learn about Virginia’s coastal communities and maritime heritage.
• How does the Virginia Air and Space Center sound to you? Indeed, this place is out of this world. You can get lost for hours inside.
The city has a population of about half a million people. There are many quality public schools in the area, and residents get to enjoy all the benefits of a resort city while maintaining a normal family life. The moderate climate in the area is also attractive to seniors, and the many retirees in the community can enjoy gated communities, some of them near or even on area golf courses.
The city of Virginia Beach is a popular tourist destination because of its many attractions. But it is also home to many families who have chosen to live and work in the area. These people may be the luckiest people in the world, because they live in one of the most beautiful spots in the nation.